Yoga4mums is delighted to have been named a top prenatal yoga video for 2015 by US medical research company Healthline. With over 147,000 hits online we are delighted that so many women are looking for a more gentle approach to exercise and one that can help both mother and baby bond during pregnancy.
Pregnancy yoga is suitable for both beginners and experienced practitioners. During pregnancy, yoga can play a key role in enhancing the experience at this precious time and empower the mother-to-be to have the most conscious birth experience. Yoga can help women enjoy their pregnancy with minimal discomfort, cultivate breath awareness and strengthen the body in preparation for labour. Yoga also offers you the opportunity to connect with your baby, and coming to classes is a great way to feel part of a community of pregnant women.
The benefits of pregnancy yoga
– increases your energy
– empowers the mother-to-be to have conscious birth experience
– keeps you fit whilst being sensitive to the baby and you
– decreases anxiety
– strengthens birthing muscles
– quickens postpartum recovery
– improves sleep
– reduces backache
– improves circulation
– promotes healthy birth
When to practice
Be conscious of how your body feels and seek medical advice regarding any health issues.
– rest during the first trimester
– start yoga in the second trimester
– continue your classes under the supervision of a qualified antenatal yoga instructor
– take up postnatal classes after birth
It’s never too late to practise prenatal yoga!