Yoga for Autism, SEN and Mental Health
Our localised yoga and dance provision works alongside groups that are traditionally hard to engage in regular exercise. Cathy Underwood, founder and director of Yoga4mums has extensive experience working with children and adults living with Autism, LD (learning disabilities) and a variety of mental health conditions. Our work also includes clients in post operative rehabilitation, Parkinson’s Disease and substance abuse.
Through our activities, we strive to develop a stronger sense of community spirit and combat a sense of isolation so many vulnerable groups feel.
How does it work?
An innovative approach that blends yoga, fitness and dance to inspire activity has proved extremely popular and effective, offering those with learning disabilities, Autism, mental health problems, substance abuse and other specific conditions access to a tailor made class.
Who’s it for?
We work with individuals or small groups and welcome care providers, service users, parents, teachers and guardians to contact us regarding tailor-made programmes or consultancy in exercise and wellbeing provision.
- Autism and Learning disabilities
- Mental health conditions
- Weight issues and obesity
- Pre and Post Natal depression
- Single parents and young mothers
- Young vulnerable adults and older client groups
- Parkinson’s and Motor Neurone Disease
- Post operative rehabilitation
We offer training so that you can share therapeutic techniques with your loved ones, clients or pupils. Click here for details of our training taster days, weekend courses and 40 hour immersion training days. No previous knowledge of yoga required.
- Community Link – Enfield Council
- New Directions – learning disabled supported care
- DRS – mental health, learning disabled & older client groups
- Ambitious About Autism, TreeHouse School – education centre for children with autism
- The Priory Hospital – mental health care
- The Hub, Hoffmann Foundation – care centre for autistic adults
- Westminster Drug Project Barnet – substance abuse centre