‘Yoga4mums led a yoga session for a mixed class of 30, year 4 & year 6 children. It was a great success with all the children focused and involved throughout. Even the children that hate PE loved it!’ Mrs McLellan, Forty Hill C of E Primary School
Yoga4mums is delighted to offer an innovative approach to fitness and wellbeing for children and young adults. Using a simple three step programme, pupils enjoy yoga, dance, stories, music and games to promote active health and wellbeing suitable for key stage 1 – 2. We offer a modified version for young adults studying at Key stage 3 – 4.
Why yoga for children?
Keeping our kids active and motivated about exercise is quite a job for some parents. Obesity is a growing concern especially in the UK and with the excessive use of the internet, computer games and mobile phones our children are in danger of effecting their long term health and wellbeing. Stress and anxiety is also on the increase. A worrying concern as our mental health numbers fluctuate. Low income, family problems and pressures at school are just a few sources, so it is vital we teach our children how to cope. Teaching our children coping mechanisms for stress will help them grow with confidence and tackle life’s ups and downs.
What are the benefits?
- Yoga is non-competitive and helps build great self-esteem
- It is inclusive and therefore ideal for all participants regardless of their fitness ability
- Yoga inspires participation
- Ideal for Schools & Nurseries with additional training modules available for parents, teachers and carer’s to use at home or in the classroom.
- Yoga is the perfect therapeutic exercise class for school children during or after school
What we offer:
- Yoga training modules for teachers, parents and carers
- Classes during or after school for children and teens
- We can accommodate large or small groups including specific yoga therapy sessions for children with developmental challenges
- Tasters for charitable events
- Children are welcome to any of our classes provided they are accompanied by an adult